Halloween is THIS WEEKEND! Frannie will be practicing social distancing, staying home instead of trick-or-treating with her friends, but she's still full of Halloween spirit! Frannie found a fun activity you can do, too - making a spooky, upcycled spider!
Here's what you need:
- 2-liter plastic bottle
- Black acrylic paint
- Googly eyes
What to do:
1. Clean out a 2-liter plastic bottle and remove labeling.
2. Pour black paint in the bottle, screw cap on, and shake the bottle until black paint has coated the entire bottle. This may be messy, so make sure the cap is on tight! When you're done, pour the excess paint out.
3. Let the paint dry overnight.
4. Cut the top of the bottle off and recycle.
5. Make legs for the spider by cutting the bottom of the bottle into 8 strips.
6. Bend the legs outward at the base of each strip.
7. Bend the legs inward about halfway down each strip.
8. Bend the legs inward again at the end of each strip.
9. Glue the googly eyes on your spider.
10. Decorate your house with your spooky spider!