|Image credit: Nebraska State Patrol|
The Nebraska Wellhead Protection Network is hosting a workshop on the subject October 3, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Valley Irrigation (28800 Ida Street, Valley, Nebraska) and invites you to join us. "Emergency Management and Contingency Planning to Protect Nebraska's Water Supply" will cover:
- Why having a comprehensive emergency management plan is important
- How to develop an emergency management plan
- Stories of how towns and businesses survived Nebraska's flooding this spring
The agenda includes:
- Nebraska's Changing Climate - Dr. Natalie Umphlett, High Plains Regional Climate Center
- Flooding and Debris Management - Erik Waiss, Nebraska Department of Energy and Environment
- Valmont Valley Flood 2019, a Retrospective - Bob Gillen, VP of Operations for Valley Irrigation
- Nebraska's Drinking Water Response to a Catastrophic Flood - Sue Dempsey, Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
Lunch and a tour of Valley's facilities, which were impacted by spring flooding, are generously provided by Valley Irrigation.
Join us and help your community be prepared for emergencies! Register by October 1.
Questions? Contact the Groundwater Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-434-2740.