Top 5 Reasons for using a reusable water bottle:
1. It's EASY to use! Most places you go have water fountains where you can fill up your water bottle. And if you don't want to drink water? You can still ask your server, cashier, or barista to fill up your reusable bottle with coffee, pop, tea, or one of your other favorite beverages!
2. It is healthier to use bottles that are free from chemicals like bisphenol A, often referred to as BPA. BPA is an industrial chemical that can have possible negative health effects on your brain. Plastics marked with recycle codes 3 and 7 may be made with BPA. Almost all reusable water bottles are BPA-free.
3. Getting water from the tap is cheaper than buying bottled water. Bottled water can cost up to 500 times more than tap water!
4. It saves water! Making new plastic bottles takes a LOT of water. In fact, it takes more water to produce one plastic bottle than the water put into the bottle for drinking!
5. It's better for the environment. Using reusable water bottles is better for the environment because it reduces your carbon footprint. Producing new, disposable water bottles uses many fossil fuels and releases toxins into the air during production.
Frannie also likes to make her tap water yummier! Sometimes she will let her water bottle chill in the fridge so it’s nice and cold. It saves water since you don’t have to run the tap and wait for the water to get cold!
She also likes to add fruits or veggies to her water to give it a little extra taste. One of Frannie’s favorite summer drinks is chilled water with cucumber slices. It’s a healthy refreshing drink to treat your brain to after taking those hard midterm exams!
Where do you take your water bottle? What's your favorite drink to put inside it? Share with us by email or by tagging us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!