Here's what you need:
- Aquifer map and/or an aquifer model
- Canvas panels (recommended 5" x 7") or large sheets of paper
- Oil pastels or acrylic paint
- Paint brushes
1. Identify the different parts of an aquifer using the graphic below:
2. Set out the canvas panel or a large sheet of paper, paint, and paintbrushes.
3. Now, pretend like you are a water drop that lands on the ground and seeps into an aquifer. Paint what you see as the water drop. Get as creative as you like!
Optional extra: continue to paint your journey through the water cycle.
What would you see?
How many different pathways through the water cycle will you take?
What kinds of materials will you interact with?
Be sure to share your masterpiece at home with your family. Share what you know about groundwater and how to protect it!
Send pictures of your paintings to email@example.com.