The Groundwater Foundation has awarded scholarships to five students through the Len Assante Scholarship fund.
Len Assante Scholarships are awarded to full-time students enrolled in groundwater-related fields at a post-secondary institution such as a vocational school, community college, independent college, or university. An independent panel chooses the winners from a pool of scholarship applicants. Since its inception, the Len Assante Scholarship Fund has provided scholarships to 120 students pursing groundwater-related studies.
The 2019 Len Assante Scholarship award winners are:
- Tyler Kleinsasser, Past President’s Award, South Dakota School of Mines & Technology
- Sheila Solis-Arroyo, Ora Lyons Award, University of Arizona
- Wynne Casteel III, Rich Haderer Award, Baylor University
- John Krone, University of Southern California
- William Brewer, Baylor University
“The groundwater industry will need contractors, scientists, engineers, manufacturers, and suppliers into the future,” said Terry Morse, CIC, CAE, National Ground Water Association CEO. “The Groundwater Foundation’s scholarships help ensure our industry remains strong with a robust workforce.”
For more information about the Len Assante Scholarship Fund, visit our website.