7 Reasons Groundwater is Magical
Loren Eisley said it best: "If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water." Eisley was an American anthropologist, educator, philosopher, and natural science writer born in our hometown of Lincoln, NE. He's right on the mark - there is magic in water; more specifically, there is magic in groundwater.
1. Much like the rabbit hidden in the magician's hat, we can't see it!
2. Mother Nature is the ultimate magician - she makes precipitation disappear into the ground to make groundwater.
3. It's way cooler than pulling a quarter out of someone's ear. In some cases, it can spurt from the ground on its own.
4. Groundwater disguises itself in every day things - in the water we drink, in the food we eat, in the clothes we wear.
5. Like magic, kids are enamored with groundwater. It makes them squeal with delight and expands their curiosity.
6. It's always there, but not always visible.
7. It quietly nourishes our lives and livelihoods.
You can help make magic happen. Becoming a member of The Groundwater Foundation supports programs that help kids discover the magic of groundwater (Read Ava's story), supports tools and resources for educators of all types, supports local teams working to protect groundwater and educate residents in their hometown, and makes you a partner in The Groundwater Foundation's mission to educate people and inspire action.
Make it happen! Become a member today.