Let's Keep It Clean! is a new Girl Scout patch program for all levels of Girl Scouts developed by The Groundwater Foundation and Girl Scouts Spirit of Nebraska. For more information visit www.groundwater.org/girlscouts.html. And now, without further ado, here are the top ten reasons your Girl Scout will love Let's Keep It Clean!
10) She can share all that she has learned and created online!
Any activity that your Girl Scout participates in can be shared online. We love to hear what Girl Scouts are learning and how they are effecting change in their communities! Share your stories, photos, and other documents online here.
9) She will love Frannie the Fish.
Frannie is a beloved character at The Groundwater Foundation with an adventurous spirit. Your Girl Scout can learn from and teach others about Frannie's story.
8) She will have an excuse to eat a sweet treat (while learning about groundwater, of course).
Edible Aquifers are amped up soda floats that will allow your Girl Scout to learn about the geologic formation of aquifers, how pollution can get into groundwater, and how pumping can cause a decline in the water table.
7) She will get to develop her critical thinking and teamwork skills!
In You Be the Judge your Girl Scout will read through various scenarios with a team of Girl Scouts and decide how to solve a problem.
6) She can practice her engineering skills by creating an aquifer, designing a water wheel, and building a model center pivot!
Is your Girl Scout creative? Does she love new projects that allow her to build and design? Then your Girl Scout will love the opportunity to create an aquifer, design a water wheel, and build a model center pivot!
5) She can learn about the water cycle and become a gardener all at the same time.
In Growing with Groundwater your Girl Scout will create a miniature terrarium that demonstrates the different phases of the water cycle.
4) She will gain ideas for her bronze, silver, or gold award.
If your Girl Scout is looking to earn her bronze, silver, or gold award, the Let's Keep It Clean! patch books are full of ideas for her award project. You can purchase the patch books online at The Groundwater Foundation's Shop.
3) She will have fun with other Girl Scouts, learn about groundwater, and earn a patch all at the same time!
Check out the new Nebraska Girl Scouts Program Book for the dates of upcoming programs, Camp Adventure Weekends, and Programs on Demand.
2) She can earn not one, but two patches!
Your Girl Scout will have the opportunity to earn two patches through the Let's Keep It Clean! program by learning about and taking action to protect groundwater.
1) She'll make a difference in her community.
At every level - from Daisy to Ambassador - your Girl Scout will be able to have a positive influence on her community through the knowledge she gains in the Let's Keep It Clean! program. Let's Keep It Clean! will provide her with hands-on activities to learn about groundwater and practical ways she can implement change in her home and community by conserving and protecting groundwater!