Friday, May 3, 2013

A Non-profit's Dream

By Jamie Kelley, The Groundwater Foundation

“The next time you’re looking at a charity… Ask about the scale of their dreams.” This statement, really stuck out from a TED Talk I recently viewed. (You can view the entire, very interesting, talk here.
 
Why? Maybe because I work for a non-profit, maybe because I like the idea of someone asking me… “What are the dreams of The Groundwater Foundation?” Or maybe because it has made me think, like any good TED Talk, that the next time, and every time after, when someone asks me, “What do you do?” My response will be, “I work for an organization, that dreams of a world with sustainable, clean groundwater. Where everyone understands how it impacts their life, and where everyone acts responsibly on its behalf. I work each day to find innovative ways to teach about groundwater and find reasons that will inspire people to conserve and protect this vital resource. Collectively we can make a difference.”
 
Dream big, right? Is it possible? I don’t know, but I do know it’s worth the effort because groundwater is such an important resource, not just to me, or the organization that I work for, but to the entire world.
 
Join us in our efforts.
 

No comments: