Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Why?

That is the question that plagued me this morning as I took our dog for a walk. 

Why are the sprinklers running in so many of the yards in our neighborhood when yesterday and throughout the night we received significant downpours which thoroughly nourished our lawns?

I kept walking and I kept counting the houses whose already soaked lawns were being watered.

Maybe your house was one of them, maybe you have meant to put a water sensor on your sprinkler system, but just haven’t gotten around to it. 

Why not?

I don’t have an underground sprinkler system so I looked to see if maybe a water sensor is cost-prohibitive…well, that didn’t seem to be the case.  In fact I found quite a few that are very affordable and some that are even on sale.  Here is where I found the products:

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RSD-BEX&gclid=CNjP24u0g6kCFcPrKgodLUL9Vw

So, why waste water?  Why stress our lawns with too much water?  Let’s all do our part to be wise about our water use.






No comments: