It’s a new year-- the perfect time to make our new year’s resolutions and new beginnings in our lives. Of course, there’s the usual ones – lose weight, eat healthier, get more exercise, spend more time with family, etc. In reality, without good, clean groundwater we couldn’t do any of these things. Groundwater accounts for 98% of the available water we use every day. Here are a few ideas to take action and protect groundwater in 2011 and many years to come—
• Shut off the water while brushing my teeth
• Run full loads of dishes and laundry
• Water plants only when necessary
• Keep a pitcher of drinking water in the fridge
• Take used motor oil to a recycling center
Grab a glass of water and toast to a year of new beginnings! Cheers!